Featured Consumer Resources
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency: Shigella
- Fact sheet on Shigella infection, including symptoms, risks, and what producers are doing to try to protect consumers.
- MedLine Plus: Shigella Enteritis
- This website is a service of the National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health. Its focus is on news and specific conditions which could lead to Shigella infections. Links to other resources are also available.
- The Virtual Museum of Bacteria: Shigella
- Provides pictures of Shigella bacteria, and links to other photo sources, fact sheets, lectures, and scientific sites about Shigella.
- Centers for Disease Control: Shigellosis
- Answers questions such as: How common is shigellosis? What sort of germ is shigellosis? How is the infection diagnosed? How does food or water get contaminated with Shigella? What can be done to prevent the infection? What are public health agencies doing to prevent or control Shigella?